1.3K views

LVP CASE ID 15-V0012—DECISION SUMMARY

On July 7, 2015, Complainant Chris Ferguson submitted a complaint in accordance with the Legitimacy Verification Program (“LVP”). The complaint alleged that posts 488823, 505992, 509661, 515527, 522152, 525983, 541877, 545601, 652233, 654086 contained statements in violation of section 2 of Pissed Consumer’s Terms of Use. The posts’ authors were offered an opportunity to respond to the complaint, as provided in LVP Rule 9. The materials submitted by the parties constitute the LVP Record.

Having considered the LVP Record, the Third Party Neutral finds and holds as follows: It is more likely than not that the statements in Posts 488823, 505992, 509661, 515527, 522152, 525983, 545601, 652233, and 654086 are defamatory, inaccurate, abusive or harassing, and, therefore, violate Pissed Consumer’s Terms of Service. Accordingly, these posts should be removed in their entirety and the URLs should be changed to remove reference to the Complainant and his company. In addition, Post 692487 appears to be a duplicate of Post 654086, and will be removed in accordance with LVP Rule 14. Furthermore, the title of Post 541877 is more likely than not inaccurate, and, therefore should be redacted to remove references to the Complainant’s company. However, there was insufficient evidence in the LVP Record to determine that it was more likely than not the text of Post 541877 violated Pissed Consumer’s Terms of Use.

Dated: September 8, 2015

Had an Experience with Credence Independent Advisors?

Comments

^NOTICE OF COMPLAINT*

Please take notice that Chris Ferguson has initiated a Complaint against this Post due to alleged

violations of Pissed Consumer’s Terms of Use ('http://www.pissedconsumer.com/tos.txt)

pursuant to Pissed Consumer’s Legitimacy Verification Program.To receive a copy of the

Complaint send an email that includes the review number for this Post to

lvp@pissedconsumer.com requesting a copy.

You, the Poster, have a right to respond to the Complaint to establish the truth of the Post’s statements. If you intend to respond, you have 20 days from the date this Notice was posted to answer the Complaint, The Answer Form (https://s3.amazonaws.com/pissedconsumer/legal/LVP+Answer+Form.pdf) must be submitted to lvp@,pissedconsumer.com within 20 days of this Notice was posted. Failure to submit an Answer within 20 days waives your right to participate in the Legitimacy Verification Program as to this particular Complaint. All Legitimacy Verification Program disputes are decided by an independent attorney who is not employee of Pissed Consumer and whose firm has contracted with Pissed Consumer to provide attorneys who will serve as Third-Party Neutrals in conformity with the rules of the Legitimacy Verification Program.

Pissed Consumer WILL NOT reveal your identify or email address to Chris Ferguson without your express consent or pursuant to a subpoena or court order.

For more information regarding the...

Hi guys, Please can you inform me of all the details and the names of the directors etc I work for the BBC and we are or hopefully are going to make a documentary about boiler rooms run by Brits abroad

Any info about this boiler room or others would be a great help thanks

Awful. Awful awful .i met with one of these idiots and will never get that time back.......

Wolf of Wall Street all over him.

I would say the opposite. There are so many that they are true and you really are the boiler room full of unqualified thieving Cowboys that they describe.

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates #901519

What is funny is that upon investigation of all complaints submitted via this website, none can be upheld due to the finding of NO true failures, therefore proving comments are simply being submitted on a regular basis by the competitor rather than the consumer. Very sad and an extreme display unprofessionalism

I met one of the girls who works on their phones out in a club. She told me she is commission only and because the advisers can't sell was offering tricks to make a living. The scammers are for real!!!!

Budapest, Budapest, Hungary #882746

Scammers.I checked these cowboys out and they are full of it.

No license no quals no substance.Full on fakers...

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates #876990

I was called by a lady today and she promised me all types of things about their returns and licenses and reasons why I need to transfer my company pension scheme. I therefore checked with my Finance Manager who knows more about these things than me and he has said that EVERYTHING I was told was a complete lie and my 15 year Shell pension is much better where it is.

From the sounds of it everything below is true and I have had a really lucky escape. Surely something should be done to stop boiler rooms like these victimising innocent people like me?

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates #871075

Cold calling scammers got me today.....fooled me by calling from a mobile but it was the normal boiler room pitch. They didn't have a scoobie!!!! Scammers will be scammers................but these sink to lowest level possible

I feel sympathy for Credence.Just because someone cold calls you doesnt automatically make them a boiler room.

There are genuine, young guys out there trying to make a living. Not all of them want to rip you off. If you choose to accept their call and end up looking into their financial products then do your own due diligence. I accepted a call from a young guy called Ray there just now, yes his telephone manner was a bit poor, but I could hear that he is just doing a job and trying to get along in life like anyone of us.

I looked them up on google and low and behold, just as I found with all other wealth companies here there are loads of complaints and people branding them as hard sell boiler rooms! ridiculous. I will be attending a seminar they invited me to next week. I have no doubt they will attempt to ask me for a financial review or appointment of some kind after, but that is business?

I can CHOOSE to accept, CHOOSE to take a policy or investment or CHOOSE to say thanks but no thanks. Too many people want to point a finger just because they are using unqualified cold callers to drum up business.

Thats short sighted and prejudiced.Anyone that has never performed one of these roles or been in a company that uses a similar technique must have lived a very sheltered life indeed.